Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Mug Rugs!


Hmmm, mug rugs! They've been around for a very long time. I recently joined a new yarn group, on MeWe, and they are all the rage!  Maybe they are all the rage everywhere! Regardless of popularity, it doesn't get much cuter!

I made this one using the pattern I found over at Yarn & Chai. I asked Lee to pick out 5 colors of cotton yarn, and that is what I used! It was super easy, and super fun! I am considering making a set of mug rugs, that will sort of match. I can see taking a different yarn, and making it Yarn A, for each rug...my yarn A was orange, and it is completely outside of my comfort zone, to have so much orange in something...and so little PURPLE!!  Haahaahaa!!  It just worked out that way.

Over at Yarn & Chai, she says to tape down your ends and trim them. I found that to be a waste of resources. I used my cutting mat, quilting ruler (any straight edge will work), and cutting wheel. Sloop, sloop, and the ends were all nicely trimmed and my mug rug was ready to use!











No comments:

Post a Comment